Using Environmentally Sustainable Packaging Is a MUST for EcoConscious Industries and Consumers
Environmentally Sustainable Packaging is the development and use of packaging which results in improved quality of human life while living within the caring capacity of supporting natural ecosystems. Sustainable packaging must meet the functional and economic needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
The Basic Goals of Environmentally Sustainable Packaging are:
- Functional product protection, safety, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Cost effective if it is too expensive, it is unlikely to be used
- Support longterm human and ecological health
Manufacturers and other companies are looking for unique packaging solutions to meet this goal, while continuing to reduce their costs during these tough economic times. One common misconception decision makers often have is that “going green” will impact their bottom line negatively, when in fact this is not the case. By using recyclable, reusable packaging, companies actually realize significant savings on their packaging costs.
Call Shillington Box Company at (636)225-5353
Eco Friendly, Sustainable Packaging
Specific Factors for Eco Friendly Packaging design may include:
- Use of minimal materials reduced packaging, reduced layers of packaging, lower mass (product to packaging ratio), lower volume, etc.
- Energy efficiency total energy content and usage, use of renewable energy sources in manufacturing, etc.
- Recyclability recovery value, use of materials that are frequently and easily recycled, reduction of materials that hinder recyclability of major components, etc.
- Reusability of packaging repeated reuse of packaging materials, reuse for other purposes, etc.
Call Shillington Box Company Today at (636)225-5353
Environmentally Sustainable Packaging Is a Necessity
Packaging is an absolute necessity in the modern world. Our contemporary society places many demands upon packaging relative to issues such as safety, convenience, efficiency, identification, and marketing. However, packaging is also a burden to producers, consumers, and the environment. As more and more people become “modern consumers,” packaging materials and methods, as well as thought processes, will need to change in order to minimize the impact on society and the planet. Using Environmentally Friendly Packaging Materials will help keep our planet “green.”
Environmentally Sustainable Packaging “…meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
World Commission on Environment and Development